flash banner

navigation

blogaboutportfoliopricingcontact

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Lovin'

I had to share the wonderfulness that I came home to after a long day of work yesterday. Anyone that knows my fiance Rick, knows that he is uber romantic and thoughtful. We celebrate any and every holiday marked on the calendar and we get each other pumped up for the holiday for at least a month prior to its arrival. Many would probably gag at our super cuteness but, I thought I should share this with you all:







And to make you all incredibly hungry - Rick went to the Westside Market in Ohio City near downtown and bought everything fresh! The orange-y sauce that is the border of the heart is a red pepper sauce that he made himself by roasting the red peppers for over an hour, the inside of the heart is some creamy mushroom goodness with a new york strip steak topped with portabella mushrooms and an arrow made of asparagus - Yum! He also bought home made spinach pierogis which are our favorite pierogis in the whole world. Delish!

I thought this little diagram that he drew was so cute and shows just a bit how thoughtful he is :)

Now, for the reeeeeeal good stuff. He hand dipped strawberries into Ghiradelli milk chocolate and wrote rick <3's kayla on them, drizzled chocolate all over the plate,  and he bought a piece of the yummiest  forbidden chocolate cake ever from Westside Market to put in the middle of it all. 

So there it is - my wonderful, romance filled 2 day early valentine celebration!


3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! that was such a sweet surprise! he is so wonderful :)
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I love it! ps- the pics are great too. i love your canon.... ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for leaving me that awesome comment on my blog a while back. The lens I use the most that creates the awesome bokeh is the 50mm 1.8. Very affordable lens!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a girl's best friend ;)