flash banner

navigation

blogaboutportfoliopricingcontact

Monday, February 8, 2010

Giggling Like a Little Girl - Part II

This is Part II of my "Giggling Like a Little Girl" post and am SO excited to share it...Okay, "SO excited" doesn't really cover it, not even a little bit. Even as I write this I am smiling from ear to ear and just by looking at me typing, Rick knew what I was writing about.

A few weeks ago Jay Kossman from Digital 504 Photography contacted me because he was looking for a second shooter for his weddings and a few other events that he has scheduled this year (check him out at the link above, he rocks!) so we scheduled to meet at a coffee shop this past Thursday. When I drove up to the coffee shop and parked, I peeked inside and watched him meet with his clients. He had his 3" hard bound, book of images that he'd taken over the years (seriously, they rock!), brochures and most importantly...smiles. I could only see the back of his head but I had a clear view of the client's faces and they smiled and laughed the entire meeting. As I sat there being nosy, all I could think was - I can't wait until that is me! I can't wait to meet up with couples who are in love and happy and so excited for one of the biggest days of their lives. I can't wait to be the photographer that they choose to capture their day for them...when they walked out of that meeting, they were holding hands and practically skipping back to the car all smiley and sweet.

Anyway - the meeting. Meeting with Jay I thought would be incredibly nerve wracking for me,  but it wasn't. Doing what you are passionate brings a certain type of confidence you don't usually have otherwise and I completely embraced that. After talking business it was fun to talk about photography with someone who is as talented and passionate as Jay. After all was said and done he booked me for 10 events throughout the rest of 2010. Thrilled doesn't even cover it - all I can say is that I can't talk about it without my cheeks hurting. I could not have dreamed of a better opportunity to come along for me and my "blooming" business (no pun intended) and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. He is passionate. He has built his business into something I dream of every day and he is so willing to not only hire me for some shoots but also take me under his wing and teach me what he knows.

So here I am - I'm working with a graphic designer and should have my "brand" completed by month's end, Full Bloom Photography will be an LLC by the end of March, I have 10 shoots scheduled between now and August on my own and am hired as a second shooter for an incredibly talented photographer.

Rock on 2010, rock on.

And because a post is always better with a picture, here is my beautiful niece:

1 comment:

  1. What a great story and observations! Sounds like it's going to be a year of growth and learning. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a girl's best friend ;)